The Importance of Professional Teeth Cleanings
Below is a brief overview of the different types of professional teeth cleanings we offer, as well as what can you expect from the procedure when performed by our dentist.
Upon your first visit to our dental office, our dentist will perform a comprehensive examination to assess the current state of your teeth and gums. He will also review your dental records, make note of any potential problems and then recommend the type of professional teeth cleaning that's ideal for you.
Types Of Professional Teeth Cleanings
There are different types of teeth cleanings. When you first visit our dental office, our dentist will perform a regular cleaning to eliminate any plaque and tartar buildup. You might need an additional or alternate cleaning depending on your current oral health. After your examination, our dentist will determine which method is better for you.
The different types of teeth cleanings we offer include:
- Regular Cleaning: This process removes plaque, tartar, and surface stains from the teeth to prevent tooth decay and gum disease. If you have gum health issues, our dentist may recommend more frequent visits for teeth cleaning.
- Full Mouth Debridement: If regular teeth cleaning is insufficient, our dentist may recommend full mouth debridement, which eliminates plaque and tartar deposits from the teeth and gums.
- Deep Cleaning: If you're exhibiting signs of gingivitis or gum disease, such as bleeding, sensitive and swollen gums, you'll need a deep cleaning to thoroughly remove plaque and tartar from the pockets between your teeth and gums.
- Periodontal Maintenance: After receiving a deep cleaning, periodontal maintenance is recommended. Continued maintenance of your oral health is essential, as gum disease is a chronic condition.
What Can you Gain from Professional Teeth Cleanings
As mentioned before, the teeth cleaning process is crucial for your overall oral health. Some benefits of our teeth cleanings include:
- Cavity Prevention: Plaque is one of the primary causes of tooth decay. If plaque is not removed through regular teeth cleanings, the buildup could result in cavities and the need for a filling or crown.
- Improved Health: Numerous studies have found links between our overall health and oral health. Regular teeth cleanings performed by our dentist can improve your overall wellness.
- Tooth Loss Prevention: When left untreated, gum disease damages the bone support in the jaw. This results in loose teeth that may eventually fall out. Regular, professional cleanings can keep gum disease in check and prevent tooth loss.
- Great Breath: When your smile is healthy, you'll enjoy better breath. The key is scheduling--and keeping--your appointments every six months.
- A More Polished Smile: Red wine, black tea, and coffee can all discolor your teeth. These surface stains can be lifted with routine teeth cleanings.
- Maintaining a Healthy Smile: Depending on the current state of your oral health, our dentist will determine how frequently you should schedule an appointment to maintain a healthy, beautiful smile.
To schedule an appointment for a profsesional teeth cleaning contact our dental office at 501-758-3393. Our mission is to make your smile healthy and bright!